ma vie en vert

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Jamz for Jesus!

It's sort of sad that something slightly amusing/interesting happens between the frightenedmonkey and me, and one of us says, "you should post that on your blog." Is this what our lives have become? A series of post-worthy and non-post-worthy events?

Anyway, so I was sleepily getting ready for bed last night, putting on my usual cami-type thing and pajama-type pants, and the monkey makes a comment about how silly it is that people "get dressed for bed." So then we had a little discussion about pajamas and the words "pajamas," "jammies," and "jam jams." (Gross. I didn't make that one up, the monkey's former bandmate liked to "put on his 'jam jams' and take a napsky" -- and he's the last person I'd ever expect to say something like that, as he wrote many a melancholy, Cure-inspired song.)

So with all this talk of pajamas and "jams" and whatnot, a song popped into my head from that stupid-ass commercial for that stupid-ass "Worship Jamz" CD. (BTW, the "Z" in "Jamz" makes it super-hip for the kids!). And the frightenedmonkey didn't know what the hell I was talking about, so I had to sing it for him. The song was, "Every Move I Make," which goes something like this: "Every move I make I make for you... you make me move, Jesus!" (or something like that). Aaaack!!! Why did this pop into my head? I felt like I'd been suddenly possessed by Rod or Tod Flanders. (And please, please tell me I'm not the only one who's seen this commercial, where the super-smiley-slap-worthy kids are jumping around, happily singing about Jesus and stuff.)

And of course it's back in my head again because I'm writing this post. So I think everybody should click on the Amazon link and listen to some of the song clips. It's got all the hits: "I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever, "Did You Feel The Mountains Tremble" (um, that's just wrong), "Shout To The Lord," and MY favorite, "(You Are The) Awesome God"! Oh, and apparently there's a "Worship Jamz 2" because the first one couldn't contain all the jamz for jesus. Jesus needs at least two CDs worth of jamz. Duh.

1 Comments:

  • At 5/11/2006 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    too funny!

    and p.s. yes, it is scary that events in your life are being labelled blog worthy or not blog worthy...

    I guess it is better than my tired old obsession of labeling things 'Libra' and 'Not so Libra'... ;o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home