Dear Clumsiness,
I am your bitch.

So I was running around the Cathedral today, putting up posters on the 4th - 15th floors for an upcoming conference (and was surprisingly not totally wiped out by this -- working out every morning seems to help with running up many many stairs), and my shoe caught on the lip of a step and... SPLAT. Down I went, and the posters and tape dispenser flew all over the place. But before getting up and dusting myself off and picking everything up, I looked around to make sure nobody was there, because surely it was a hilarious sight, as it always is when someone trips and falls. No one was around, but I was still embarrassed.
I really am very clumsy, or just careless or unaware of my surroundings at times. I'm famous for falling on my face. As soon as I could walk, I was out the back door of our house in Walla Walla, flying over the two steps leading to the patio, landing with my face just about every time. And I've used my face to break many a fall ever since.

So I was running around the Cathedral today, putting up posters on the 4th - 15th floors for an upcoming conference (and was surprisingly not totally wiped out by this -- working out every morning seems to help with running up many many stairs), and my shoe caught on the lip of a step and... SPLAT. Down I went, and the posters and tape dispenser flew all over the place. But before getting up and dusting myself off and picking everything up, I looked around to make sure nobody was there, because surely it was a hilarious sight, as it always is when someone trips and falls. No one was around, but I was still embarrassed.
I really am very clumsy, or just careless or unaware of my surroundings at times. I'm famous for falling on my face. As soon as I could walk, I was out the back door of our house in Walla Walla, flying over the two steps leading to the patio, landing with my face just about every time. And I've used my face to break many a fall ever since.


2 Comments:
At 4/04/2006 6:46 PM,
AML said…
You lived in Walla Walla...wow...did you know that annoying girl from Real World: Chicago?
At 4/04/2006 9:12 PM,
stephie said…
Ummm, I don't know who that is.
But Adam West is from Walla Walla! ...but I don't know him, unfortunately.
Post a Comment
<< Home