ma vie en vert

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I heart Tilda Swinton

I've always been intrigued by her. Even when she's in a not so great film (like Narnia), she's the most captivating thing on screen. Even when she only has a minor part, like in Adaptation, she's amazing -- really, one of the best actors I've ever seen. One of my professors (the one who taught the adaptation seminar I took last spring) is very good friends with her -- they worked together on some films in the 80s and 90s in England and are currently working on a documentary together... more on that later -- and he's teaching a seminar this semester called "the image today" and got her to come visit his class. I wasn't able to take the class because of other stuff I needed to take, but anyway, the class screened Broken Flowers today and had Tilda there to chat about it. How cool is that? Unfortunately I missed the in-class Tilda visit, but did get to see her speak tonight. She is so beautiful and intelligent and full of wonderful stories and... I could go on and on. I'll post more later about some of the specifics. She mentioned just about every film she's been in and had an interesting story about each of them. So, more later. I'm so glad I got to see her.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home