ma vie en vert

Monday, February 06, 2006

Snapshots from Steelronia

Michael and I tried to root for the "Stillhawks" for about half the game -- we tried to root for our two favorite cities equally -- but in the end, it just didn't work out. We couldn't help ourselves -- we were overtaken by Steelronia mania! (esp. that which the president (king?) of Steelronia, Tom, demonstrated.) And many who witnessed Michael's donning of the Stillers jersey will undoubtedly attribute the Stillers win to this momentous act.









This is my favorite.

5 Comments:

  • At 2/06/2006 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hawks got ripped off!

     
  • At 2/06/2006 12:47 PM, Blogger stephie said…

    There were two questionable calls, but I thought the Stillers ultimately played better overall.

     
  • At 2/06/2006 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There were 3 *bad* calls (no pass interference, the lummox Pitt QB did not score a TD and no holding on the last reception). If Pitt had to deal with bad officiating I think it would have been a different outcome. It was a very uninspiring win, definitely more luck than skill on Pitt's end.

    We nerds in southern Alaska (as the media so lovingly portrayed us over the last week) got the shaft! :o)

     
  • At 2/06/2006 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/060205

     
  • At 2/06/2006 7:07 PM, Blogger stephie said…

    OK, obviously that writer was analyzing the game play by play, so I don't know what to say about his take on all those plays. I wasn't paying quite that much attention. It was a really boring game the first half, and then it just seemed like the Stillers had more energy in the second half. I don't know. Dude, it's football! I don't think I've EVER talked to you about football, you silly Libra.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home