I heart Cleveland.
Actually, I've never been. But I'd like to heart Cleveland. We are going to Cleveland in a couple weeks to see Sigur Rós at the Allen theater in the Playhouse Square Center (I think that's what it's called), because they're not coming to Pittsburgh. Interesting that a band will play Cleveland but not Pittsburgh. That tells me that Pittsburgh either doesn't have any decent venues (meaning smaller venues, like 1,000-2,000 seaters), or they just do a really crappy job promoting those venues to indie groups. It seems like the only time a band I want to see comes through da burgh is when they're playing at CMU n'at. (Or, maybe I just have no clue how things work here and there is some fabulous venue where all of the super terrific bands play, and I just don't pay enough attention, but I don't think so.) If Pittsburgh wants to attract (and retain) a younger population, they need to think about these things. So says I.
Anyway, Michael and I will probably just drive to Cleveland and back on the same day, but we would welcome suggestions for restaurants, things to do in Cleveland (when you're dead...), etc.
Anyway, Michael and I will probably just drive to Cleveland and back on the same day, but we would welcome suggestions for restaurants, things to do in Cleveland (when you're dead...), etc.


4 Comments:
At 1/30/2006 11:36 PM,
stephie said…
oooooh...you posted on my blog. [she said as in "oooh... you're bending it."]
At 1/31/2006 11:50 AM,
Anonymous said…
upcoming shows that y'all might enjoy:
Wed 02/08/06 - Low @Mr. Smalls Fun House/Theatre
Tue 02/14/06 - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club w/ Morning After Girls & Elefant @Mr. Smalls Fun House/Theatre
Wed 02/15/06 - Brandi Carlile (she's from seattle!) and Matt Pond PA @Club Cafe
Thu 02/23/06 - Hem (they are super-pretty sounding) @Mr. Smalls Fun House/Theatre
Thu 02/23/06 - Prefuse73 @Rangos Hall @ Carnegie Mellon Univ.
At 1/31/2006 12:07 PM,
stephie said…
Thanks Chris! I can't believe you're telling me about shows in Pittsburgh. I am lame. I'll have to pay more attention to Mr. Smalls and the Club Cafe. Might be fun to see Black Rebel Motorcycle Club on Valentine's Day.
At 1/31/2006 1:45 PM,
Anonymous said…
www.pollstar.com
you can search for pittsburgh and see a list for most shows. it probably doesn't have everything, but it is a good start.
brmc are amazing live...and what better way to spend v-day than listening to fuzzed out, distorted rawk?
Post a Comment
<< Home