ma vie en vert

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

"Here we go" song, I hate you.

I'm trying to read, and I've got that frackin song going through my head. I've had it bouncing around in my head since Sunday (the first time for my virgin ears), when Tom and Andrew were playing it over and over and over. Damn you!!! Plus, to make it worse, the only lyrics I know are "Here we go... Pittsburgh's going to the Su-u-per bowl... here we go..." and repeat.

Is anyone else having this problem? (I realize that some of you might not consider it a "problem.")
How do I remove this?

7 Comments:

  • At 1/25/2006 6:41 PM, Blogger emily said…

    my good friend amy, who grew up in johnstown (but now lives in L.A.), has for years had "manic monday" by the bangles on perma-loop in her head. she sent me an e-mail yesterday saying that the "here we go" song has officially replaced "manic monday" as the constant-song-in-her-head.

    it's so sad, really. couldn't they have come up with a better song? and why the hell does it have to be so catchy?

     
  • At 1/25/2006 8:34 PM, Blogger stephie said…

    Thanks Emily! I'm now singing "manic monday" to myself in an effort to replace "here we go." It's a risk I'm willing to take to get the damn stillers song out of my head.

     
  • At 1/25/2006 9:16 PM, Blogger tmb said…

    You need the Pittsburgh Polka. I have a copy. Want it? Or how about "We've got Roethlisberger and it sure is nice" to that burger in paradise song.

    Hope this helps.

    uh, oh. what's that?

    Here we go...

     
  • At 1/25/2006 9:20 PM, Blogger stephie said…

    I'll take the polka over paradise burgers any day.

     
  • At 1/25/2006 11:50 PM, Blogger emily said…

    totally! "cheeseburger in paradise" is right up there with "paradise by the dashboard light" and "almost paradise" (which was, much to my chagrin, the theme to my junior prom) as the worst-ever songs. and not just about paradise.

     
  • At 1/26/2006 9:32 AM, Blogger stephie said…

    Mmmm.

    Almost paradise
    We’re knockin’ on heaven’s door
    Almost paradise
    How could we ask for more?
    I swear that I can see forever in your eyes
    Paradise

    I think "here we go" is officially removed now.

     
  • At 1/26/2006 11:52 PM, Blogger stephie said…

    Mmmm. Air Supply.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home